Sunday, January 27, 2013

field notes





















While I am spinning around like a wild top among the perfect turnings of the wheels of this universe, I am sometimes awake and attentive enough to meet on time at happy destinations.  Often I'm "a day late, a dollar..." but this week I happened to mention this book to a gardener friend of mine and she says to me, "Oh, do you like orchids?" My response went something like "well, not exactly, but they're interesting..." trailing off uncharacteristically before rambling on -- this time about having a small fascination for people's obsessions and the objects of those obsessions... but, I digress.

So as these things will happen, I learned from her that orchids are currently featured at the Franklin Park Conservatory, which is a perfect place to be on a late January Sunday.  How nice it is to be spinning in time with the rest of the wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment