Friday, November 16, 2012

true romance

Ruess, Eucalyptus Grove
December 14
Polk Street

Dear Frances,

I have just acquired the most heart-rending symphony you ever heard, You must come out to my mean hovel Saturday night to hear it, for I have to share it with you.  In addition, there are two things I want to read to you, and a new picture I want you to see.  Don't refuse, for I must see you, and I have laid in a store of Roquefort cheese as a special inducement.  Yesterday and today I have been working, spasmodically, and then drowning myself in music.  I saw two girls on the streets this morning who reminded me of you.

I'm going out to Charley's tonight, but I'll try to call you sometime tomorrow.  Meanwhile, don't despair, for I'm trying not to.

Love from Everett


No comments:

Post a Comment