Monday, November 12, 2012

so be it





This day was a long stretch of grey flanked perfectly on each end with a dramatic meeting of clouds and sun and horizon -- a fiery meeting which evaded my obsessive and now I'm late to work attempts to capture.  I was also distracted by the rain as it poured outside the kitchen window all day, and distracted by the perverse exhilaration I get from the anticipation of being out in it.  Some people like rainy days so that they can snuggle in, hunker down, but I ... well not so much.  I want to throw myself into the cold and feel the sting of rain and wind as I fly recklessly over muddy sodden hillsides.  

There is color in a sunless day.  I like to look for it especially in the quiet between growing seasons (though warm weather has confused some plants).  And I am still into the blur -- it doesn't seem right these days for things to be in focus.  The light is low and everything is bare and loose in the wind.  Something about it all feels transient.  Today is neither yesterday nor tomorrow.  All is becoming.  So be it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment