Monday, September 3, 2012

books

My friend Rob at The Hammock Papers has invited me to participate in a project where I am to share a list of my five favorite books and then invite 5 other bloggers to do the same.

But I am a rule bender.  I don't want to solicit exclusively so if you have your own blog, consider yourself personally invited and please share a link.  However, I am extending to ALL of you, sweet readers, the invitation to share your own lists to be "guest posted" here.  Since my blog features mostly my own pictures, I thought it would be fun if you would also share a favorite picture from your own wanderations to post with your list. 

I would really love to hear from you!  Please e-mail lists and pictures to me at jkarr723@gmail.com.  

As for my own list, well here goes:

The Makioka Sisters, Jun'ichirō Tanizaki

Out of Africa, Isak Dinesen

Love in the Time of Cholera, Gabriel Garcia Marquez

A Moveable Feast, Ernest Hemingway

Lonesome Dove, Larry McMurtry

A side note:  My book links are to Amazon, but I rarely, if ever buy new.  LOVE used copies.  I am perfectly content to spend hours digging through those piles stacked in dusty corners of antique malls and junk stores (I picked up a book on Japanese pottery and this copy of Time Life Foods of the World: The Cooking of China just last Saturday)...

...but the title picture was taken at my favorite local used bookstore... Acorn Bookshop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment