Saturday, December 3, 2011

transcendent

I was sitting here dreaming(?)  The sun streaming in low -- warming this wood, my skin.  


I started to write that I was listening to this*...


but that doesn't do it.  Listening does not describe the experience at all.  I'm not sure what does.  There don't seem to be any words within reach.  Dreaming might have to do. 

I am a reader of "comments" and an occasional follower of advice read therein, so my thanks to the youtube viewer who suggested The Orlando Consort, Josquin Desprez:  Motets -- bass and volume up.  The last hour of my life has been, well ... all of this light and warmth, what to say ... transcendent.  I've just never quite been here before.

Thanks too, to this veritable Sherpa who led me this way in the first place.  

*This interpretation is "magnifique" but I have to agree that the Orlando Consort (volume+bass) brought tears to my eyes, my dogs eyes and, very likely, to the eyes of my neighbors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment