Monday, December 12, 2011

heartsick

Heartsick for something I don't (yet) know.  It's not unusual, right?
And is it unusual that this is our idea of a family night?  Before you judge just know this:  food is pretty much the alpha and the omega around here, and as S points out, "it's PG, we parentally-guided it, so it's okay" (trust me too, it is much worse on the bus).  This is inordinately sexy stuff but if you had walked into our living room you might have thought that you had walked into church on Sunday morning -- mmmhmmm ... yeayah ... amen ... porchetta!.  

I regularly vow never to waste my time eating bad food but watching this makes me long for a place where such a vow would be ridiculously uneccessary.

It is Monday.  In Ohio.  In December.  I could wait until I make it to Rome or we could just go ahead and have a Negroni.  Equal parts gin, Campari and sweet vermouth.
The whole episode is "exquisito" but my favorite part is here at 9:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment