Tuesday, July 26, 2011

a riddle...

Cottleston, cottleston, cottleston pie,
A fly can't bird, but a bird can fly.
Ask me a riddle and I reply,
Cottleston, cottleston, cottleston pie.

-- Winnie the Pooh, A. A. Milne 


A fly can't bird but a plane can:








Stopped to watch this plane soar and dive over, and over, a cornfield on my way home today.  I cannot believe that the pilot could have been experiencing anything but pure exhiliration and I was so overcome, vicariously, that I stood right there riveted -- and unconcerned that I was being gassed with pesticide.  I have a pretty good fear of heights and commercial air travel ranks right up there with all the other sometimes necessary evils.  That said, I would have given quite a lot for the opportunity to bird for a while today.

No comments:

Post a Comment