Wednesday, October 31, 2012

vow

I vow to love every moment as much as I love this slam-on-the-brakes-and-take-a-picture-of-birds moment and as much as I may seem to be obsessed with some perfect wild world I realize that I don't give much credit to the roughly 43,000 other moments in a day.  For instance, this is not a photo about the daily fought and won battle to drag an 11 year-old boy out of bed, nor is it about the narrowly averted flatware crisis, nor the beautiful (and i mean truly remarkable) food that my lovely and extraordinary students make.  It is not about the e-mails that I answered, and the ones that I didn't -- likewise projects completed and those still hanging.  It is not about tooth fillings that last longer than Novocain. It is not about zombie ninjas and company returning from a night's prowl with mud-streaked pillowcases of booty smelling like sugar, fish, and rain.  It is not about nachos for dinner or 20 text messages that say come tuck me in.  It is also missing a trumpet solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment