Friday, June 15, 2012

wanderations

preparations, calculations, reservations, provisions, rations, trepidations, exhilarations... EXPEDITIONS!


I started this blog a year ago with the intent that it would serve in part, as a travelogue documenting accounts of our wanderings -- both near and far, but it was begun on the eve of an expedition to lands afar.  When we returned I managed to include some photos and brief thoughts about our adventures.  Pictures told some of the story but much of the good stuff didn't make it here.

On the eve of our departure this year, and with two summers under our belts, I am hoping that we are better prepared in all sorts of ways.  Hoping that our loads are light (it fits! with about a cu. ft. to spare -- now if we can just convert that to metric...), our tents are sturdy and waterproof,  our tempers cool,  patience boundless, our maps true (RIP to my beloved atlas containing five years worth of highlighted wanderations as well as a fair amount of blood, sweat, tears, coffee and wine -- sad victim of overzealous garage cleaning -- but all is forgiven) and our roads marked with spectacular land and seascapes, sunrises, sunsets, stars, challenges that yield rewards, surprises that end in delight, and above all, that we know the sweet gypsy camaraderie that can only be found by livin' out on the road.

I am (a little) more tech savvy and hope to post updates and photos with improved frequency and I've linked my flickr stream and my instagram slideshow to the sidebar here which (how fun!) is automatically updated.  That said, I have far from perfected mobile posting so be warned and have patience with sideways, upside-down or ginormous pictures ... and any other sins against blogdom, of which, I am sure to commit a few!  I am always a little embarrassed to come home and see my posts all goofed up on the large screen, but still I keep on... We look forward to sharing this trip and more to come and are so happy to have you along.

Peace and warm wishes to you in all of your own wanderations!

No comments:

Post a Comment