Sunday, June 24, 2012

i'm not going to lie

...there have been some homesick moments today and more than a little longing for some creature comforts. We moved from one wet camp to another and our feet, clothes, gear, spirits -- all of it is fairly soggy. Interestingly enough, it's not exactly raining but I can imagine this is what it must be like to live in a heavy cloud. The fog is thick (and cold) and water just seems to collect and saturate and drip from every surface.

So I find myself thinking of home, of what and who I am missing, but I am also thinking of my heroes -- sailors, cowboys, gypsies, hobos, hippies -- and their songs and poems of loneliness and longing, the costs of wanderlust and freedom. I feel at peace again, in my small way, to count myself among them.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear... It's been hot hot hot here but today was pleasant. Never fear 90's will be back by Wednesday but we have no rain!!!!

    ReplyDelete