Monday, January 2, 2012

I wanted

...to call this post solace but it didn't seem right because while that's what I felt, I wasn't particularly in need of it.  I was grateful today to find all of my energy absorbed by routine; multiple objectives, common emergencies, manual labor ... and mostly, so much human contact.  I can appreciate extremes and while my experiences have been sparsely populated lately, and I always fear the transition, I love to stand in the middle of my day and marvel at so much activity.
 
I will miss the morning runs, and the three people and two dogs who were up very early with me to wander these paths, but I welcome the return to the workday and the anticipation of the hour of solace that follows.  For all the enthusiasm I had for each minute of this day, everytime I sneaked a glance out the window I couldn't wait to get into the snow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment