Sunday, January 8, 2012

frostlight

I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey work of the stars
--Walt Whitman




Frost has a way of highlighting things that otherwise escape attention.  Small things like tiny leaves and blades of grass.  Not the sort of stuff that will set a person on fire -- Uncle Walt and present company, presumably, excluded.  And -- The morning light was exceptional; an elusive wash of soft aquagold that I would have gladly offered to the devil, both my iphone, and my soul, if he would only give me some way to capture it.  An aspiring rocket-scientist, (among other things) I was working on a theory to account for it ... something about micro-ice crystals in the air, the angle of the morning light, bending and filtering...

... and finally, another video to test the limits of the definition of "video."


No comments:

Post a Comment