Sunday, May 20, 2012

speaks

I often try to write something in this gaping space and sometimes I do, and sometimes it's like trying to talk in a dream.  I can think of the words but when I try to say them no sound comes out.  I always have more faith in (or less fear of) the visual image.  It comes more easily.  I worry less.  It's just a picture, or not, but it's not up to me because it speaks for itself.




And before you judge, because it's true we do have lots of spider webs, I will always argue on behalf of the beauty created by the skilled and lovely spider-weavers.  My protection and support of their existence and art remains controversial but there are so many reasons to admire them.  I love especially when their webs snare the brilliance of sunrise, and I love when their single silk strands appear to me later in my pictures -- surprising me by showing up in places where I had not seen them before.

No comments:

Post a Comment