Tuesday, August 30, 2011

that's right...

I'm not from Texas, but I do have a thing for The Lone Star State...


... the Larry McMurtry, Ann Richards (may she rest in peace), dusty cowboy boots, tumbleweeds and steel guitar Texas of my dreams.  I've been counting the days 'till Robert Earl Keen's Ready for Confetti.  I picked up a six pack of Shiner Bock on the way home and we fixed up some chili and guacamole salad and turned it up.  We don't need much of an excuse for an occasion but this was a clear cause for one -- and, I'm not in the business of writing record reviews but I'll say that all my favorite bases are covered (in no particular order):  cowboys, trains, whiskey, roads, fast girls, cars, horses, love, death, etc.  I'm an instant fan of the cover of Todd Snider's "Play Me a Train Song" but am not about to pick favorites.  It's all good and classic REK.

This is not from the album but it is just plain fun:




No comments:

Post a Comment